Graduate Recruitment – Controls Focused
We are recruiting ambitious and high calibre graduates ready to show their talents within a dynamic and innovative organisation. Working with a development team responsible for delivering transmissions, drivelines and their control systems to a variety of prestigious vehicle manufacturers, this is a fantastic opportunity for an interesting and varied career within the automotive industry.
Our opportunities involve work on both R&D and client projects in the area of embedded controller development and base software for control of transmission and driveline systems, including hybrid and electric vehicle applications. Being a team player is key but the ability to operate independently and learn quickly in new areas is crucial. As a small flexible organisation the following are examples of areas in which you could become involved:
- Mathematical modelling using Matlab/Simulink and/or Ascet-SD
- Algorithm design & implementation
- Hardware-in-the-loop system set-up and operation
- Test rig and vehicle based control system testing & calibration
- Test rig and vehicle set-up and commissioning
- Low-level C-Code programming for embedded microprocessors (e.g. MPC55XX, MPC56XX)
- Requirements capture
- A 2:1 degree (or currently studying) in a related Technical Engineering discipline ie. Mechatronics, Electrical Eng, Systems Eng, Computer Science, Mechanical Eng, Automotive
- Demonstrable analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Excellent written and spoken English
The Nice to Have
- Knowledge and a passion for vehicle systems, with a good understanding of transmission and driveline elements
- Previous work experience at an OEM or tier 1 supplier
- Experience of using Graphical coding e.g. MATLAB SIMULINK and C-Coding
- A second language of either Italian or German would be advantageous
Based at our facility at MIRA Technology Park, Nuneaton, there may also be the opportunity for national and international travel.
A valid UK driving licence and own transport is required due to the locations and nature of the role.
Our core hours are 37.5 per week finishing at lunch time on Fridays with flexible daily start and finish times to allow for commuting. From time to time you may be asked to work additional hours as necessary to help meet tight project deadlines, you may be eligible to ‘bank’ these extra hours and take the time back during quieter periods in return for your flexibility during peak periods.
This is a chance to put what has been learned into practice in a dynamic environment. And the learning won’t stop here, you will have the opportunity to work with world class mentors and move quickly into roles with responsibility for project delivery.
We offer a very competitive starting salary with regular 6 monthly performance based increments during the first 2 years and a further 3 year development plan with substantial reward incentives to kick start your career. In addition our comprehensive benefits package starts with 5% employer pension contribution, annual bonus scheme, 26 days holiday + 7 public days per annum, Life Assurance, subsidised canteen and free car parking.
Please complete the Graduate Placement Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org