Principal Engineer – Control Systems
Permanent, Full Time, Immediate Vacancy
– Competitive Salary
– Enhanced Pension Contribution
– Enhanced Holiday Entitlement
– 10% Bonus
– Private Health Care
– Group Income Protection
– Life Assurance
– Hours Banking Scheme
– Flexible Start/Finish Times
Established in 2006, we are a high-technology consultancy working with vehicle OEM’s and their suppliers around the globe. Our clients include premium brand passenger car (including Lamborghini and McLaren), light commercial vehicle manufacturers, global tier 1 suppliers and automotive consultancies, for whom our complementary technologies provide a competitive advantage.
We are unique in our two distinct areas of expertise. First, with our Siena software platform we provide a very high level of expertise in the full development cycle of automotive transmission systems. This is complemented with a range of electronic hardware and other innovative development tools which we develop. Second, we provide what we believe to be the worlds most advanced range of transmission designs for electric vehicles. This range includes the patented and award winning 2 speed seamless shift unit now joined by a new patented 4 speed seamless shift design which further advances the concept. Both designs are winning increasing interest from global OEM’s in Europe and Asia.
Based in an innovative and quality driven environment, this is a key role with technical and commercial responsibility for small to medium projects. Our business offers the opportunity to work on both R&D and client specific projects, in the area of control of transmission and driveline systems, including hybrid and electric vehicle applications. As a valued member of the expert multi-disciplinary team, you will embrace the Vocis culture in delighting our customers through pioneering innovation.
To be successful, ideally you will have a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience and the ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of vehicle systems and driveline control. You will take ownership for the quality of your work, including overall responsibility of small to medium sized projects, ensuring successful delivery on time and to budget. Being a team player is key but the ability to operate independently and learn quickly in new areas is crucial. If you thrive in a fast paced, creative environment and enjoy being hands on whilst mentoring others this could be a great opportunity for you.
- A 2:1 degree in a related Technical Engineering discipline
- A sound understanding of transmission and driveline systems
- Knowledge and passion for vehicle systems
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience of technical and commercial management of projects
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
The technical areas in which you are knowledgeable should include:
- Algorithm design & implementation using Matlab/Simulink and/or Ascet-SD
- The fundamentals of automated transmission control
- Vehicle and/or test-rig based control system testing & calibration
- Vehicle and controller communication networks; e.g. CAN, CAN-FD, J1939, XCP
- Requirements capture using a well-known requirements management tool
- Hardware-in-the-loop system set-up and operation