Senior Engineers – Control Systems
Permanent, Full Time, Immediate Vacancy
– Competitive Salary
– Enhanced Pension Contribution
– Enhanced Holiday Entitlement
– 10% bonus
– Life Assurance
– Group Income Protection
– Hours Banking Scheme
– Flexible Start/Finish Times
– Free on site Car Parking
Established in 2006, we are a high-technology consultancy working with vehicle OEM’s and their suppliers around the globe. Our clients include premium brand passenger car (including Lamborghini and McLaren), light commercial vehicle manufacturers, global tier 1 suppliers and automotive consultancies, for whom our complementary technologies provide a competitive advantage.
We are unique in our two distinct areas of expertise. First, with our Siena software platform we provide a very high level of expertise in the full development cycle of automotive transmission systems. This is complemented with a range of electronic hardware and other innovative development tools which we develop. Second, we provide what we believe to be the worlds most advanced range of transmission designs for electric vehicles. This range includes the patented and award winning 2 speed seamless shift unit now joined by a new patented 4 speed seamless shift design which further advances the concept. Both designs are winning increasing interest from global OEM’s in Europe and Asia.
Based in our brand new, bespoke facility we offer an open plan, dynamic working environment where you will use your control systems experience to work on both R&D and client specific projects in the areas of control of transmission and driveline systems, including hybrid and electric vehicle applications. Our multi-disciplinary team will give you expert guidance and help steer your career progression as you embrace our culture in delighting our customers through pioneering innovation.
To be successful, ideally you will have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience and be able to demonstrate a fundamental understanding of vehicle systems and driveline control. You will take ownership for the quality of your work to ensure that your output contributes to the successful delivery of projects, on time and to budget. Being a team player is key but the ability to operate independently and learn quickly in new areas is crucial. If you thrive in a fast paced, creative environment this could be the opportunity for you.
- A 2:1 degree in a related Technical Engineering discipline
- A sound understanding of transmission and driveline systems
- Knowledge and passion for vehicle systems
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Technical and commercial awareness in a project driven environment
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
The technical areas in which you are knowledgeable should include:
- Algorithm design & implementation using Matlab/Simulink and/or Ascet-SD
- An understanding of automated transmission control
- Vehicle and/or test-rig based control system testing & calibration
- Vehicle and controller communication networks; e.g. CAN, CAN-FD, J1939, XCP
- Requirements capture using a well-known requirements management tool
- Hardware-in-the-loop system set-up and operation